3D Environment / Prop Artist Belgium
Warcave is looking for a talented environment / prop artist to join our team to work on our new title. You will be responsible for creating a wide range of high quality, well optimized environmental assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating high poly sculpts and well optimized low poly in-game models based on concept art or from reference.
- Create realistic original textures and materials using Substance Designer and Substance Painter.
- Set up materials, shaders and realistic lighting to achieve the best quality of environment art.
- Adhere to technical specifications and naming conventions when creating environmental assets.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Environment Artists, Designers and other members of the team to create the best scene’s possible.
- Understand the full development pipeline and will implement finished assets into the game.
- Have an excellent eye for performance and keep the workflow and pipeline optimized.
- Troubleshoot issues to make sure everything is up to standards.
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A minimum of 1 year game industry experience.
- Excellent skills in Unreal Engine 4, Substance Designer and Substance Painter.
- Well optimized workflow and creating a clean topology.
- Good knowledge of lighting, materials/shaders, composition, colors and a good eye for detail.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Maintain and manage professional standard quality in a rapid and timely manner.
- Experience or knowledge of the game development pipeline.
- Able to accept and follow the direction of the Art Director.
- Self-motivated and a good team-player, able to collaborate with the full team to ensure a well optimized and quality product.
- Being able to create professional standard VFX is a big plus.
- Scripting knowledge to speed up the workflow is a plus
- Technical art skills are a plus.
- Level design knowledge is a plus.
- Full-time in-house position
- Location: Geel, Belgium
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Resume – motivation letter – website – Linkedin profile – references… (if relevant)
About the company
Located in Geel, Belgium, Warcave is creating strategy type games. Our recent project War Party has been released recently and we are now working on a new unannounced project. We are growing our studio for bigger and more exciting projects for PC and consoles, and we are looking for talented people to join our developer team and help create new games.